As the New Year begins, it can bring excitement for some and fear for others. We all know the saying “New Year, New Me”, well at DESIGNME we prefer “New Year, Same ME”. We believe in embracing who you are and not changing who you are. Entering the new year should be about bettering yourself and growing into who you want to ultimately become. Take control of your life. As a team, we curated a list of our top tips to help guide you into the new year.
TOP TIPS TO FEEL GOOD
- Celebrate your small wins
- Don’t dwell on the past
- Take care of your mind & body
- Be patient with yourself, time heals all wounds
- Don’t blame yourself if you didn’t achieve your goals. Look towards the future and plan the steps you will take today to get to where you want to be
- Learn to accept and love your flaws
- Take time off, self-love is the best love
- Release all that brings negativity into your life
- Appreciate the little things (your morning coffee, the sunset, your pet, your bed, etc.)
We know it's a long list, but pick from a few that resonate with you the most, and consider how you can apply them into your day-to-day life. Feed your mind with positive and healthy habits and things will start to fall into place.
A GREAT BOOK ALWAYS HELPS
If you need a little extra motivation, here are some of our favorite motivational books (not the boring kind, we promise).
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- If in Doubt Wash Your Hair by Anya Hindmarch
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Until next time...
We hope you enjoyed this post and that it was able to bring a little positivity into your day! From our team to you, we wish you a healthy, happy and safe New Year.
The DESIGNME Team