Unless you’ve been avoiding Instagram, TikTok or the internet altogether lately, you’ve surely seen that Rihanna and A$AP Rocky are expecting their first child! We are so excited about the news (queue the confetti 🎉) but we have to admit that we are equally as excited by the FLAWLESS STYLE she broke the news in. In addition to a stunning hot pink Chanel puffer coat (hello, PUFF.ME vibes), Rihanna completed the look with a laidback-chic half-up, half-down bun.
THE HALF-UP, HALF-DOWN BUN
The half-up, half-down hairstyle is quickly becoming *the* go-to hair look for 2022 – and for good reason. It’s super versatile for many hair types (straight, wavy, curly) and any hair structure (fine, medium or coarse). It can be rocked as a casual work-from-home look, or dressed up for romantic date night hairstyle. Either way, it’s super easy to put together yourself.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the steps to achieve the same wavy half-up, half-down bun that Rihanna has us swooning over.
part 1: define your waves
Since we’re paying homage to Rihanna’s wavy-haired look, we’ll start by giving you the tips to achieve those beautiful & effortless waves-almost-curls.
- Start by cleansing and conditioning your hair. We recommend using a product focused on curl definition, like the BOUNCE.ME curl shampoo & conditioner, to achieve the most hydration & definition for your curls.
- Prep your hair for heat styling! This is an essential part of any hair routine unless you’re air-drying and going totally au-naturel. We recommend using GLOSS.ME infinite mist heat protectant spray for added shine.
- Layer on a curl balm. Still on damp hair, layer on a curl-defining balm like BOUNCE.ME. This will help give curls that lasting bounce.
- Use a diffuser to dry your hair until your hair is about 80% dry.
- Layer on the BOUNCE.ME curl spray gel to tame frizz & fly-aways. Finish diffusing your hair until completely dry.
PART 2: the half-up bun
Next, on to the middle parted half bun!
- Section off money pieces (the face-framing pieces of your hair) on both sides, and tie in half-up ponytail. Secure with a small elastic.
- Wrap the ponytail into a messy bun. You can secure with a clear elastic, or with bobby pins.
- If more volume is desired on the bottom section, complete the look by spraying through some PUFF.ME dry texture spray on the lengths.
Until next time...
Recreating this look? We'd love to see it! Upload a photo or video & tag @designmehair on Instagram.
We can't wait to see you rock this look, babe!
The DESIGNME Team