Cannabis has always had a stigma around it, as well as being at the center of controversy. However, it has taken the beauty industry by storm, and for good reasons. DESIGNME has helped to pioneer this ingredient into the Hair Care and Styling industry by adding it to one of our most-loved collections, the GLOSS.ME Collection. The line focuses exclusively on hydration and shine, so adding a superstar ingredient such as Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil only made sense.
WHAT IS CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL
Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, also commonly known as Hemp Seed Oil, is a cold-pressed oil extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant, and contains tons of minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that all play a big role when it comes to giving your hair shine and hydration. While the hemp plant is commonly mistaken for cannabis (marijuanna) plant, the hemp plant, and by extension Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, does not contain the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the primary psychoactive component of the cannabis plant. So, in case you're thinking it: nope, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil cannot get you high!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL?
Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil is remarkable because of its frizz-fighting & hydrating qualities. Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil is rich in fatty acids including omega-3 and omega-6 which stimulate hair growth. These nutrients cannot be produced by our bodies naturally, so we need to get them from supplements or diet.
Other vitamins and minerals include:
- Vitamin D: Which can promote hair growth.
- Vitamin E: Which supports the scalp and helps to prevent breakage, making it helpful for fighting split ends. It also helps to boost your hair’s elasticity and shine.
- Chlorophyll: Also helps to promote hair growth.
- Magnesium – increases blood flow if massaged into scalp & helps to prevent hair loss.
When infused in a haircare product, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil can help to:
- Minimize the amount of water absorbed by the hair (when your hair absorbs too much water, this is what will cause results such as frizz)
- Moisturize! It's a natural moisturizer which prevents dryness and irritation
- Strengthen your hair structure
- Improve elasticity, soften and add shine
If you have dry, damaged hair, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Infused Hair Care may be a fantastic option for you. Along with its instant gratification, many can benefit from the long-term results.
PS: Our GLOSS.ME line, which contains Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, is 100% safe for everyone to use, including those who are pregnant. None of our products contain THC or Essential Oils.
Until next time...
So, are you ready to add Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil to your haircare routine? We promise, it won't dissapoint!
The DESIGNME Team